Evangelism Defined: witnessing for Jesus. Attesting to the goodness of Jesus Christ; testifying to his name, truthfully and genuinely.
Steps To Witnessing:
1. You must create the need for Jesus in the mind and hearts of those you are witnessing to. Utilize the Ten Commandments (Exodus 20:1-17). Ask whether they have broken any of those laws. If they have broken any of those laws then let them know they are sinners and need the redemption power of the shed blood of Jesus to redeem them.
2. Ask if they believe in the after-life. As the lost if they know there is heaven and hell. If yes, ask if they know where they are going. If they say they are going to heaven, ask them why they think they are going to heaven; if vice versa, ask them what they are doing to prevent going to hell.
3. Do not ever condemn the lost no matter what their views might be. Never tell the lost they are going to hell because they do not follow Jesus, even though, that might be the case. Try to convince them of the need for Jesus and the only one who can save them and through whom they can enter heaven (John 14L6)
4. Do not start witnessing by forcing your faith on the lost. Do not ask outright if they are Christians. Find out if they believe in the things of the spirit to ascertain their spiritual stand. Ask what religion they follow and why. In most cases you will find out that they are confused and think all religions are passports to heaven. After that you can introduce them to Jesus as the one to follow in order to get to the heavenly Father who resides in heaven where they think or believe they are going (John 14:6; Acts 4:12)
5. Remember witnessing or evangelism is to introduce Jesus Christ. To make Jesus known to the world and its lost souls. Your duty is to get the lost to know who Jesus Christ is by distributing tracts and engaging in conversation with them to find out whether or not they have heard of Jesus the Savior. Never consider yourself better than the lost ones you are ministering to. Regardless of their appearance, looks, attitudes, you cannot ever think you are better than them. To win souls or witness for Jesus Christ you must demonstrate love. The only thing that will make the lost listen to you as a witness for Christ is to show them that you care for them and willing to sacrifice for their soul. THEY ARE HUMANS LIKE YOU. IT IS BY GRACE YOU ARE SAVED, EXTEND THAT GRACE TO THEM. Witnessing is extending the grace of God you are enjoying to those that lack the grace.
6. If your conversation with the lost leads to acceptance of Jesus Christ, you can do so by leading them in prayers of confession. Pray with them, confessing Jesus as their Savior and Lord….follow the steps in Romans 10:9-10.
BE BLESSED WITNESSING AND WINNING SOULS FOR JESUS.
Text: Matthew 28:18-20
By Pastor (Dr.) Jacob Adeniyi,
Sr. Pastor & Overseer
Zionic Ministries, Inc.
Zionic Ministries, Inc., also known as, Refined Holy Fire of Zion Church was birthed by the Holy Spirit of God in September 2005.
Office: (929) 356-3438 - Fax: (929) 356-3439 - Mobile: (347)-242-6218
205-09-Jamaica Avenue Hollis, NY 11423, United States Of America